Malling Photographic Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Malling Photographic Forum

Photograph by Don Beevis

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hi everyone
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:21 am by mouse

» School Visit
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:02 am by PulpFan

DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 am by Frank_Irwin

» Judges for Next Competitions
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 am by kentishmayde

» Malling Photographic Society on DSLR User Website
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 am by kentishmayde

» Malling Photographic Society is now on DSLR User Website
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:30 am by kentishmayde

» Malling Photographic Society on DSLR User Website
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:29 am by kentishmayde

» Photoshop CS4
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:01 am by geebis

» hi from dover, kent
DEAD HARD DRIVE EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am by sapper

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Poll
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Malling Photographic Forum on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Malling Photographic Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEAD HARD DRIVE

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DEAD HARD DRIVE Empty DEAD HARD DRIVE Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:27 am

Rob

Rob

I think this forum is a great idea, all that is needed now are a few Parkwood members, as i need someone to tell me were my shutter button is on the camera, its been so long since i pushed it.
I bought my new Canon 50D in November...ish, I have taken 2000 pictures with it, 2 of which were good ones, BUT I forgot to back them up onto another hard drive or DVD, and guess what..........................YEP my hard drive went to heaven and I lost the B....y lot, Glen helped me by trying to recover them, but the disc was so badly scored that there was no chance.

So don't forget.........DO A BACK UP OF YOUR PHOTOS Embarassed Rob

2DEAD HARD DRIVE Empty Re: DEAD HARD DRIVE Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:59 am

kevbell

Hi Rob

See there is someone else out there to talk to!

Sorry to hear about your hard drive – I’ve heard that Glen is the expert for this kind of stuff so if he can’t fix it sounds like you’ll have to put it down to experience.

Is there’s anything else that forum members could help you with?

Kev

3DEAD HARD DRIVE Empty Re: DEAD HARD DRIVE Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:34 am

Rob

Rob

kevbell wrote:Hi Rob

See there is someone else out there to talk to!

Sorry to hear about your hard drive – I’ve heard that Glen is the expert for this kind of stuff so if he can’t fix it sounds like you’ll have to put it down to experience.

Is there’s anything else that forum members could help you with?

Kev

Hi Kev

Out of the 2000 pictures that I lost, the only ones that are hard to replace are the Wildlife, Raptors etc. I spent hours in one spot waiting for the right shot, and the Hares, but Oh well it will give me something to do, we live and learn, as to HELP, YES, you can give me your 5D MK11......CHEERS KEV lol!

4DEAD HARD DRIVE Empty Re: DEAD HARD DRIVE Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 am

sjmaxwell

sjmaxwell

Sorry to hear about your hard drive failure. I believe there are facilities available which can open the drive up and place the disc platters into another unit but I also heard it was v.expensive as a "clean room" is required. The following link may be worth checking although I have never used their service

http://www.abcdatarecovery.co.uk/Home/

On the backup front don't forget to back-up the backup as well, preferably keeping one off site as a) CD/DVD ROMs can go "bad" b) if your house burnt down you would still lose everything!

5DEAD HARD DRIVE Empty Re: DEAD HARD DRIVE Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:45 am

Julia

Julia
Admin

I had a simlar problem and took my hard dive to he computer shop opposite PC World top of Bluebell Hill. They took it apart and used a donor drive to ge it running and got the data off.
Steve is right about the backing up the back up, I had a failure this week of my back up hard drive. After much cursing and attacking to problem with my girlie pink screwdriver I fixed it. (More by fuke I would imagine) This caused me much worrying so my brother recommended a remote back up service. I did send you an email link but not sure if you got it so can try again if you're interested. It automatically backs up photos, music and documents when you are on line. It's unlimited memory unlike many services and costs $45 a year. You can have 2 week free trial and once you set it up it's all automtic, brilliant. My brother knows about this stuff and researched it well and has concluded that it's the best available.

http://westmallingcameraclub.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum